A "Black Swan Event" is when the unexpected occurs, causing a huge mindshift and change in how the world works. People never imagined that Black Swans existed, until the discovery of the first Black Swan... (as per book "The Black Swan", by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2007, that sold over 3 million copies)

Is a perception change the next Black Swan Event? Consider that by changing perception we might change the world. Look at everyday things from different angles. Find beauty in the unexpected...
Change our thinking, change our actions, change our world!

See that all people are part of God's puzzle and have something to give. Black swans do exist. The ugly duckling was actually a swan who needed to discover himself and where he fitted and be who he was meant to be. To the last, the lost and the least, you are beautiful as you are.
May all who visit this page feel God's touch and experience His blessing...

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Who Do I Write To?

When I write this blog, who do I write to? I write to everyone and I write to individuals. I write to the successful, and I write to the downtrodden. I write to show a pathway to hope. I give these examples: I write to the woman who goes to work day after day, and for her life is a routine. She can barely wake up in the morning, and has to forcibly drag herself out into the cold corridor to get ready for work. Life feels like a blur, and she is thankful she manages to keep going day in and day out, but through her fog she wonders if she will be able to keep going, and desperately wants the roundabout to stop so she can rest. I write to the parents who are trying to force their teenage son to become a medical doctor. He has brilliant academic marks, and all he wants to do is to become an actor and travel the world, but his parents make sure they discourage any thoughts of the stage and drama, and he feels he needs to bow to their increasing pressure and keep slogging away at subjects that hold no interest for him. I write to the people who drift through life not feeling, and not knowing who they are, and where their talents lie. Their self esteem is a factor of acceptance by other people, and it seems wherever they turn they are excluded by a wall of isolation. If only their light of life had been nurtured when first aflame, protected from stormy gales of life's hurts, so it could shine gently and cast a warm glow, and receive sustenance when light was burning low. I write because that was all me. I write to try and show that there is a better alternative; that life is meant to be lived by everyone; that God would not want people to be excluded and hurt by other people; and that God has a plan and a purpose for each person's life. I believe God would want us to be the selves we were always meant to be, free from the enemy's grasp. And I believe that, even when our purpose seems squashed by life and circumstance, God will help give us a better way, if we follow Him and listen to His commands. Like a tree hewn down in a forest, that springs to life unbidden and sends forth new, stronger shoots, so can God give strength to those who turn to Him and ask.

"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:" (Isaiah 11:1 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment